Welcome to Synergy Health Management LLC.
The name broccoli is derived from the Italian name ‘Brocco’ and while it may not be a favorite vegetable for many (especially kids), it has a great number of properties that benefit your entire body!
Broccoli has been crowned as one of the best vegetables available because of its ability to fight numerous diseases. And with its high vitamin content, it truly tops the list in the vegetable department.
It is well known that broccoli has more Vitamin C than oranges and rivals milk with its amount of calcium!
Even though the presence of high amounts of Vitamin C and calcium alone help broccoli to combat many health problems, this green wonder has many more tricks up its sleeve!
The Benefits of Broccoli
1. Fighting Cancer: Broccoli contains components that fight at least two forms of deadly cancer.
Broccoli sprouts contain more cancer-fighting elements than well-developed broccoli and eating broccoli sprouts on a regular basis prevents stomach cancer and minimizes your chance of gastritis and developing a peptic ulcer.
Your sun-damaged skin gets a sigh of relief, too, as broccoli protects you from skin cancer. (Don’t skip the sunscreen and protective clothing, though!)
2. Heart Health: Broccoli has been shown to reduce heart problems. Even drastically reducing the chance of developing heart disease!
3. Cataract Control: If you want to improve cataract problems, have broccoli sprouts at least twice a week. If you don’t already have it, your chances of getting cataracts will be reduced immensely by just adding these baby veggies into your schedule!
4. Immune Boost: Even having a small amount of broccoli helps build your immune system. This spike in your immune system is due to the presence of zinc and other required minerals that help your body thrive.
5. Baby Building: Broccoli should be considered a pregnant woman’s best friend (even if it is on her long list of aversions) because it contains folic acid.
Folic acid is quite rare in the body because our bodies do not store it, even though it helps in the proper development of the fetus. This is where snacking on broccoli during pregnancy comes into play!
6. Arthritis Relief: Although it can’t cure it, broccoli can help you with your rheumatoid arthritis because Vitamin C (which broccoli has a lot of!) serves a role as a co-factor in collagen synthesis, the main protein in joint tissue and bone.
The richness of Vitamin C in broccoli saves you from suffering pain from polyarthritis because Vitamin C plays a role in fighting infection and may work to control inflammation linked to infection, which may trigger arthritis flares.
7. Reduce Asthma Symptoms: Broccoli is great for asthma patients because it has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory factors. Since asthma is an inflammatory many of your asthma problems are reversed by having broccoli.
8. Solution For Mystery Bruises: How many times have you looked down at your shin to see a bruise and had no idea how it got there?
Vitamin C deficiency is the main cause of easy bruising and can be overcome by eating broccoli.
Now that you know the many benefits of eating broccoli, see how many ways you can include it in your diet to get the most of its disease-fighting effects!