Welcome to Synergy Health Management LLC.
Any carnivores in the house? As meat-eaters, we have to make sure we’re consuming healthy and consciously-sourced animal protein.
Salmon contains vital nutrients such as B vitamins that increase energy, reduce inflammation, and literally build brain cells. It’s important to match the nutritious omega 3 fatty acids in the salmon with a good source of carbohydrates so that they can work together to provide you with the energy you need now and give your body the ability to store the rest for later. That’s why we add plenty of veggies and good grains to any dish with an animal-based protein.
This salmon bowl recipe checks all the boxes!
(If you’re on a Keto or other low-carb diet, this is an easy one to adjust to your specific needs!)
Salmon BowlCourse: Healthy Food Recipes
1-2 cups of chopped sweet potato
1 salmon fillet
10-12 Brussels sprouts, chopped in half
1-2 cups of leafy greens (kale, spinach, arugula — a mix is great)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp of turmeric
½ tsp of pepper
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of Italian seasoning
Sea salt to taste
- Salmon Marinade
Juice of 1 lemon
1-3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
1 tsp of honey
- Preheat oven to 450°F degrees
- On a tray, toss sweet potatoes in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and add salt if you wish
- Bake until softened (about 30-45 minutes). When done, remove from pan to cool.
- Turn oven down to 350°F
- Toss Brussels sprouts with seasonings, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and sea salt
- Roast until softened, about 20 mins
- Marinate salmon for 10 minutes while veggies bake
- Add salmon to baking tray and finish roasting for the 10 remaining minutes (adjust cooking time to ensure salmon is thoroughly cooked)
- Flip Brussels sprouts halfway through roasting to get an even roast
- Saute kale (or leafy greens) in remaining olive oil for about 5 minutes
- Place greens in a serving bowl followed by sweet potato, Brussels sprouts then salmon
- Dress in lemon juice
- Serve and enjoy!
Interested in learning more about Synergy Health Management? Sign up for our newsletter here or sign up to schedule a call with Patrina here.